Yu Darvish's Near Miss
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 9:17AM
Bill Chuck in Yu Darvish
Here are 26 stats, one for each out recorded by Yu Darvish in his near miss-terpiece.
- Yu Darvish threw 111 pitches.
- Batters swung at 57.7% and missed on 42.2%.
- He tossed 78 strikes.
- Darvish induced 27 swing-and-misses.
- Lefties saw 69 pitches, swung at 42, missed on 18.
- Righties saw 42 pitches, swung at 22, missed on 9.
- Batters chased 43.8% of Darvish's pitches.
- Batters fouled of 24 pitches.
- There were 14 called strikes.
- On his 14 strikeouts, the average velocity was 85.7, the fastest strikeout pitch was 97.4, the slowest was 79.1.
- There were three called strike threes.
- Batters chased 28 pitches out of the strike zone.
- Of the 13 non-strikeouts, nine were grounders.
- There were 16 batters who went to two strikes and 14 whiffed.
- Darvish threw 20 fastballs including the one that went for a hit. He had two strikeouts on fastballs.
- He threw four curveballs.
- He threw 32 sliders and recorded 11 strikeouts.
- He threw 50 cutters and recorded one whiff.
- He threw four splitters.
- Darvish threw 57 pitches over 90 mph.
- He threw 12 pitches 95+ mph, hitting a high of 97.4.
- Five batters reached three balls on the count, four ended up striking out.
- He went full on four batters, all four whiffed.
- No batter started off 3-0.
- Lefties were 1-for-18, righties were 0-for-9.
- Darvish had a 96 Game Score for this effort. His previous high was 78, which he achieved twice last September.
Article originally appeared on MLB Baseball Analytics (https://baseballanalytics.org/).
See website for complete article licensing information.