Bill Chuck’s Friday Nine to Know
Bill Chuck | Friday, September 21, 2012 at 1:43PM
- October 31 is Halloween and Game 6 of the World Series is scheduled. Wouldn’t it be neat if the orange and black Orioles were visiting the orange and black Giants that night?
- With a runner on third and less than two outs, Buster Posey has gone 22-for-37 (.595) and a MLB-leading 42 RBI.
- This is Derek Jeter’s 18thconsecutive season playing for an over .500 ballclub.
- On 3-0 counts, Albert Pujols is 0-for-8.
- The Rays will set a new AL record for strikeouts (the good kind) tonight. They enter their game with James Shields on the mound and 1,264 Ks for the season, two short of record held by the 2001 Yankees.
- With 256 sac bunts, Omar Vizquel is the only active player in the top 150 sac bunters all-time. Vizquel is tied for 35th all-time with Johnny Evers and Edd Roush. Vizquel is retiring at the end of the season.
- New York (86-63) matched its season high of 23 games over .500.
- Chipper Jones has had 18 consecutive seasons of at least 10 homers since 1995.
- Of Adam Dunn’s 104 hits, 39 were homers, a percentage of 37.5. If 37.5% of Derek Jeter’s 202 hits were homers, he would have 76.
Comments Off | Email Article | | Permalink | Print Article
tagged Adam Dunn, Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, James Shields, Omar Vizquel