What has Adam Jones been doing since he's not walking?
Bill Chuck | Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 4:30PM
"What has Adam Jones been doing since he's not walking?" Sounds more like a David Letterman sketch than a baseball analytic article.
On May 18, Jones was facing the Tampa Bay Rays at Camden Yards
- He homered his first time up.
- He grounded out his second and third times up.
- But in the bottom of the 6th, he walked off Alex Torres.
- He singled in the 9th, in a losing cause.
That was the last game he drew a walk
Since then, Jones has played 35 games.
He's come to the plate 149 times.
He's had 147 AB with one HBP and one sac fly.
He's gotten 41 hits, good for a pretty good .279 batting average and a pretty sad .282 OBP.
He's had eight doubles and nine homers, good for a .517 slugging percentage.
He has whiffed 28 times, an 18.8% strikeout rate.
- He has seen 531 pitches - 390 strikes, 140 balls.
- He has seen 3.35 pitches per plate appearance.
- He's had three balls on him just seven times, which may be the most remarkable of all the stats.
- He has swung and missed on 89 pitches (26.3%).
- He's had 51 called strikes (26.6%).
- He's put 120 pitches in play (35.4%).
- He has chased 271 pitches out of the strike zone (47.2%). He swung at 260 pitches in the zone.
- He struck out on 17 pitches out of the zone and 11 in the zone.
- He's gone full six times.
- He's had a 3-1 count twice and they followed his only two 3-0 counts.
The Bottom Line
The Orioles are 19-16 in the Adam Jones 35 walkless game streak.
In the eight games this season that Jones has drawn a walk, the O's are 6-2.
Post a Comment | Email Article | | Permalink | Print Article
in Walks | tagged Adam Jones, Baltimore Orioles